Whats written on the Internet stays on the Internet. With so many Web crawlers and countless data gathering tools, one has to be careful on what is visible to the public. Already many jobseekers are shocked and are in disbelief to see their past words coming back to haunt them during crucial job interviews. Although we can’t totally disassociate ourselves from the new social media, we can be careful on what’s visible publicly. Here are some tips to protect yourself by denying your social profiles to the search engines.
- Facebook : go to your privacy settings, settings, then in Ads, Apps and Websites settings, in Public search settings and undo the public search.
- Twitter : go to Protect my Tweets
- LinkedIn : go to Make my public profile visible to nobody
- Google+ : set your visibility Edit visibility on profile
- Pinterest : click on Hide from Search engines
One thought on “Social Profiles and Search Engines”